We are a deeply committed couple in our 30's, and the parents of five precious children on a radical journey to get out of debt, build our faith, our family and our home on 11 1/2 acres of land in the hills of beautiful, Southwest Virginia. Our desire is to use our lives and our resources to encourage others. Sometimes the journey is incredible, sometimes it seems impossible. Here you can read about both because such is life...
It is so hard to believe that this is Thanksgiving week! I feel that I have spent the entire month of November and most of October being consumed with having Mercy and now the Holidays have just crept up on me. Thankfully I did do a little shopping and planning ahead this year so I won't be so overwhelmed. I don't plan to make near as many goodies this year since I still have quite a bit of pregnancy weight to lose but I still plan to make this season as special as I can for the kids. We are going to Bluefield to spend Thanksgiving with Nana and Pops this year and I usually make a paper Thanksgiving Turkey with the kids and we all write something we are thankful for on a feather. The kids are already in Bluefield though so I guess we won't make a turkey this year. I would still like to list the things I am most thankful for.
I am Thankful...
1. That I am a daughter of the King of the Kings and my Father loves me and feels the same way about me as I feel about little Mercy!
2. That my Father gave me dreams for my life as a teenager and has answered the cry of my heart to be a wife and mother of many!
3. That I am happier than I have ever been!
4. For a wonderful church family and friends that challenge Daniel and I to live for the Lord in all we do. There have been times in our lives where we have not had this and life was much more difficult.
5. For Daniel and the kids who are my family, my ministry, and source of great Joy!
6. For 2 wonderful extended families, the Rich's and the Bradfield's.
7. For my house, I love to feel organized and settled and while this house may not be perfect or have a nice yard it is large enough for a home school family of 6 and I love my kitchen!
8. For Daniels job, It has always been his dream to have his own business that our kids could be a part of and I am so thankful for the time it allows us to have together as a family!
9, For beaches and mountains, I love the outdoors!
10. For the good health my family enjoys.
11. That I live in Southwest VA and love it here.
12. That I have been blessed way beyond what I deserve!