|My handsome husband of 10 years!|
|In front of THE SUMMIT restaurant.|
I can't say that these 10 years have always been easy.
We have had 5 healthy babies, lost 3 babies, dealt with tumultuous pregnancies, had a very disappointing job loss, we endured 3 years of no employment and I could go on and on about some of the difficulties that we have faced in our marriage. Today I don't want to dwell on the hard times. I want to list some of the many blessings that have come to us in these last 10 years!
1. We are so much alike in many ways and have managed to get along incredibly well. We love to set goals and achieve them together. We don't normally choose the easy path. We are not afraid to go after our dreams.
2. We became parents to:
Isaac William Rich
James Daniel Rich
Grace Angela Rich
Mercy Lee Rich
Susanna Faith Rich
3. We have learned what it is like to fail financially and have the strength to get back up.
4. We have a 15 year history together that not many 29 year olds have and can barely remember life without eachother.
5. We love the Lord and know that all things work together for good for those that love him.
6. We sold our house this year!
7. We finally accomplished our dream of owning a family camper, though modest it may be:-).
8. Five years ago we came to a church where it is ok to be real and not be judged for it.
9. We moved to a town that we love right after our wedding and God graciously brought us back to it after a 2 year absence.
10. In 2009 we officially began our homeschooling journey when Isaac started Kindergarten.
11. In 2011, the Lord sent Daniel a job in his field that did not require us to move away from the town that we love and offered us the opportunity to begin recovering financially after struggling trying to live on income from rental properties alone for several years.
12. In 2012, We went through financial Peace University together and it was so good for our marriage.
13. We love each other more now than we did 10 years ago!
14. We may not have it all together but together with Jesus, we have it all!
15. I look forward to growing old with you and maybe one day, finally getting to spend the time together that we have always longed for!